Our core values include:
- Protecting the safety and health of our members above all else.
- Acting with integrity.
- Being enthusiastic, and providing support and encouragement.
- Taking pride in our work and our workplace.
- Treating members like family by showing them we care and we’re glad they’re here.
- If being that person who makes a real difference in the lives of others appeals to you, and you want to be part of a successful team, apply today!
- Assist members with on- and off boarding and with any special needs during transport.
- Confirm members are securely fastened in vehicle and transport in a timely manner.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspections and follow prescribed maintenance and fueling schedule; confirm wheelchair lifts and tie down equipment are operating properly.
- Notify supervisor of mechanical or safety concerns and report repair or service needs as they occur.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Maintain vehicle information, including route, mileage, fuel and service records.
- Communicate in a professional manner with members and their families, co-workers, referral agencies, and the community at large.
- Report issues, concerns or unusual occurrences to the lead driver, transportation coordinator or center director.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, safety and regulatory laws and standards.
- Assist transportation coordinator and/or center director in identifying and implementing operational efficiencies to enhance the member experience.
**This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.**
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Prior experience working as a driver preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and state/vehicle-specific credentials.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Prior experience working with seniors and/or adults with special needs preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to push, pull, bend, turn, pivot, transfer and lift up to 50 pounds; able to routinely and repeatedly exit and enter the vehicle to assist members with on- and off-boarding.
- Able to pass required physical exams including Department of Transportation (DOT) exam.
- Successful results of background check, motor vehicle report, drug testing and any other state-specific requirements.
- Knowledge of local geographic area preferred.
Job Type: Full-time