This is a rare opportunity to join Solutions Advisors Group, a “Great Place to Work” company three years running, as a Sales Counselor specifically assigned to Applewood, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Freehold, NJ. There, you will join a team of experienced sales professionals helping older adults navigate how and where they would like to live.
The Sales Counselor assists the Applewood Director of Sales and Marketing and the SAG team in achieving maximum occupancy and total revenue potential for Applewood, the Community, and SAG, the employer, by keeping up to date with the product, market conditions and immersion into person centered selling in order to attract and convert qualified prospects to the Community via the LifeCare or Fee-for-Service contract offerings.
- Tools: Uses telephone, email, text, OneDay, Sherpa CRM to schedule on-site and home visits, conduct tours and virtual visits, and close sales as per sales and marketing goals.
- Is part of planning, coordination, and execution of sales events.
- Proactively identifies and pursues publicity opportunities.
- Performs competitive market analysis and maintains a detailed competitor comparative analysis (including rates, unit sizes, services, and amenities).
- Coordinates with the Community Marketing Coordinator to assist in a new resident move-in process, including all required paperwork, unit readiness, and resident requests.
- Works collaboratively with department heads to emphasize the team’s role in sales and participation in the Community marketing action plan and sales action plan.
- Provides “Sales on Duty” weekend, evening and holiday coverage as scheduled.
- Follows all emergency procedures.
- Understands all safety practices and procedures.
- Exhibits excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team oriented.
- Displays patience, tact, enthusiasm, and a cheerful disposition.
- Promotes the Community in a positive manner and effectively communicates Solutions Advisors Group values to residents, families, visitors, and team members.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Cheerful personality.
- Desire to serve older adults.
- Five years’ sales/marketing experience with a proven track record.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Creative approach to goals and challenges.
- Experience working with older adults.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office and other marketing-related software.
- Proven record of identifying and developing professional referral sources.
- Physically able to bend and reach.
- Physically able to push and pull and lift to 40-50 pounds if necessary.
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Spends at least 30% of time on travel to referral sources and prospect homes in market area.
- May be video recorded from devices installed by families in residents’ apartments.
- May have picture taken and image used in social media or community advertising.
- Required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B & C viruses.
- Could be subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents due to mental status.
- Background, criminal, and drug tests may be required.
- May be asked to submit to random drug test during employment.
- Solutions Advisors Group
- Paul OBrien