At this time, we are seeking a Medication Aide to join our team!
- This is the job of the Medication Aide to administer oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical/vocational nurse.
- Follows current standards of hygiene, safety and infection control when handling, storing and disposing of medications.
- Administers medications within 60 minutes of scheduled time.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Recognizes the resident’s right to refuse medication.
- Notifies the appropriate RN/LPN when making the decision not to administer medication or treatment.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed nurse (RN/LPN).
- Monitors residents who self-administer medications and report deviation from the plan of care to the licensed or registered nurse.
- Secures medication cart.
- Removes discontinued, outdated or deteriorated drugs from inventory.
- Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions for medication provision.
- Accurately documents medication provision.
- Recognizes and reports general reactions to medications.
- Recognizes the limitations of the Medication Aide role.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program and passed a state approved competency examination.
- Successful completion of a state approved Medication Aide course and is approved to administer oral and external medication.
- Ability to perform medication administration in accordance with state regulations.
- Strong communication skills.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status, and any other status protected by local, state and/or federal laws. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Five Star Senior Living