Come and join our growing team as we strive for excellence at Leisure Park, a Five Star Senior Living Community. Our community consists of Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s, and Skilled Nursing.
At this time, we are looking for caring and dedicated individuals who seek to make an instant contribution to our staff and the residents of our wonderful environment.
Follow these easy steps to access the Five Star Senior Living Career Page and apply today!
2) Click on the “Join Our Team” Button
3) Choose: Job Location —> New Jersey —> Leisure Park
4) Apply for your new Job ~~ RN or Assisted Living Wellness Nurse ~~
Plans, organizes and evaluates the care for residents requiring complex medical care, complex skilled nursing care and physical assessment.
- Creates, reviews and implements systems for addressing the unique needs of residents with complex medical and complex skilled nursing needs.
- Manages the delivery of infusion therapy and other technical modalities.
- Is able to care for residents dependent upon medical equipment such as infusion therapy, enteral feeding pumps, ventilators and monitors,
- Prevents delay in resident’s recovery by recognizing and assessing changes in resident’s physical condition early and notifies the physician or licensed independent in a timely manner.
- Uses a systematic approach to provide individualized nursing care.
- Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of the resident.
- Contributes to the resident’s assessment (MDS/RAP’s) and the development of a plan of care.
- Makes nursing diagnoses, which serve as the basis for the strategy of care.
- Develops a plan of care based on assessment, implementing nursing care.
- Evaluates the resident’s responses to nursing interventions.
- Selects and institutes appropriate nursing intervention which might be required to stabilize a resident’s condition and/or prevent complications.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, non-effective or contraindicated consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering practitioner when making the decision not to administer medication or treatment.
- Knows the rational for the effect of medications and treatments and correctly administer same.
- Accurately reports and documents the resident’s symptoms, responses and status.
- Demonstrates measures to promote a safe environment for residents and others.
- Designs, promotes and organizes resident’s education and counseling based on health needs.
- Collaborates with the resident, members of the healthcare team and, when appropriate, the resident’s significant other(s) in the interest of the resident’s healthcare.
- Consults with, utilizes and initiates referrals to appropriate community agencies and healthcare resources to provide continuity of care.
- Monitors residents who self-administer medications and report deviation from the plan of care to the licensed or registered nurse.
- Administers medications within 60 minutes of the schedule time.
- Identifies residents before administering medications.
- Secures medication cart.
- Lists all current medications and dosage schedules on the resident’s medication or administration record.
- Records the administration of medication on the resident’s medication sheet at the time the medication is given.
- Reports a drug administration error or drug reaction to the charge nurse.
- Completes a medication incident report when appropriate.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Removes discontinued, outdated or deteriorated drugs from inventory.
- Observes, follows and correctly performs manufacturer’s recommendations for medication delivery.
- Reviews medication and treatment records for completeness, accuracy in transcription of physician orders and adherence to stop order policies.
- Administers and documents administration of medications, enteral nutrition and treatments per the physician’s order and accurately records all care provided.
- Orders and documents receipt of medications.
- Supervises the serving and documentation of prescribed diets and fluid intake.
- Counts al narcotics, signs for count and exchanges keys to medication cards and medication room.
- Checks emergency equipment (oxygen and suction) and emergency medication kit if application).
- Follows procedures related to the use of nursing equipment and supplies.
- An active RN license
- CPR certification strongly desired
- Prior experience as an RN in a nursing community
- The desire to care for residents and act with integrity
- The ability to work flexible hours
Five Star Senior Living is an EO/AA/Employer: MIN/FEM/VET/DIS
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.